Friday 17 October 2014

MY GUERLAIN GOODY BAG….UNWRAPPING

Hello people,

Watagwan! so, somebody dead but famous once said, and i quote, the key to overcoming stress is to try to be as cheerful as possible. So last week, I mistakenly deleted all my phone photos but I shall not implode....so with vengeance, i say, WATAGWAN!!!!


To the business of the day. As I told you sometime last week, Guerlain sent me a goody bag along with the invite to their product launch. The items, 6 in all, were in a beautiful black suede pouch which was placed in a white carrier bag with the name ‘Guerlain Paris’ boldly inscribed on it.
At the event itself, I got another goody bag containing their new perfume, ‘La Petite Robe Noire’, samples of ‘L’homme Ideal, and a lipstick, Guerlain Rouge Automatique. I’ll be giving you my thoughts on all the products.
Before we move on to reviewing the items, let’s take a moment to talk about the packaging biko….ahn ahn, odikwa serios (serious matter)! I felt special, honestly. The black suede pouch, I can carry for a small evening outing with le boo. The products themselves are a sheer marvel of architecture and beauty, I’m serious guys! it is obvious that Guerlain is all about teasing a woman and playing up her femininity. Everything about their products screams luxury and class…, they are not playing games at all people. 
To my male readers, here’s a helpful suggestion; this will make a wonderful Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Birthday gift to any woman who is very much in touch with her feminine side, thank me later!


Notice I said woman? Erm…, my people, Guerlain, truth be told, is not for ‘kids’, this is an exclusive luxury brand, their lipstick isn’t something you buy on a whim at casabella after 
seeing a movie, their primers aren’t your everyday ‘e be like say I garra buy primer sef’, their powders, gosh, you need to be heir to a small estate to comfortably enjoy the benefits of their powders, especially that their terracotta 4 seasons(from the name sef, u go fear). So once again, this is luxury, LUxury, LUXURY, dear sisters, may the Lord bless our hustle!
On to the unwrapping

1     
      
     1. TERRACOTTA 4 SEASONS 
Beautiful packaging! this product comes in a brownish-orange pack. Inside the pack you see a brown velvet pouch housing the powder. The dome shaped powder container looks Celtic, like something Frodo would need to look into the future in the lord of the rings….I loooooove it! 
Opening the powder, it is divided into 4 parts, and this is where I became worried....I can see 3 shades of brown and a red(inside powder?!?!?), so I quickly grabbed the manual that came with the powder(yesssso, e get manual!)
So after reading, I made a few discoveries. Firstly, the product is supposed to help perfect your skin appearance throughout the 4 seasons of the year (spring, summer, autumn and winter) as your skin goes through various transitions(from light to dark). So, when you look lightest(during winter), you can use the lightest colour or a combination of 2 shades in the powder wheel. When you grow darker, most likely during the summer, you have a shade that covers you as well……Ingenious right? except that in Lagos, I only experience one major season(harmattan is slowly becoming a thing of the past), and my complexion hardly changes throughout the year….hmmmm...moving on...
Secondly, it can be used as a bronzer. You can swirl your brush all over the 4 shades and voila, bronze goddess! I like the sound of this very much.
Thirdly, in the case of Ebony 06, you have a red shade that can be used as a blush.
Fourthly, you can use this product to sculpt your face(contour and highlighting)....Amen!!!

MY THOUGHTS:
Packaging is amazing.
I like the presumed functionality of the product. I’ll let you know if it truly does all of the above.
There is a fragrance to the product, I am not a fan of fragranced products, but if it performs, this can be forgiven.



2.    2. GUERLAIN ROUGE G LIPSTICK
Seriously, the packaging again…fantastic! This lipstick is housed in a silver metal casement which also doubles as a 2-way mirror! So, you can apply or touch up your lippie at your desk, no need to carry an extra mirror around(score!). Mine came in shade ‘Garconne 25’, a vibrant red colour.

MY THOUGHTS:
Ingenious design with the 2-way mirror. Although this makes the lipstick feel bulky, but then, there is a mirror!
Swatching the lipstick, I am more than excited to try it out. I don’t expect anything short of brilliance from this baby. I’ll keep you posted



3   3. GUERLAIN G NOIR MASCARA
The packaging of this mascara is similar to the Rouge G Lipstick. The black casement also has a 2-way mirror and we all know how important it is to have a mirror when applying your own mascara(think raccoon eyes). 
Anyways, this product is supposed to give you lush lashes in a matter of seconds.  Apparently, this mascara is refillable.

MY THOUGHTS:
Hmmmm….I am not a mascara gal. I favour false lashes if ever I need to glam myself up. For me, mascara is only useful to blend my falsies with my real lashes. So, I am not entirely excited about this product and the idea of refillable mascara is totally lost on me. But we’ll definitely have a go with this one, and I’ll keep you posted.



  
     4. GUERLAIN MAXI SHINE LIPGLOSS
The packaging of this product is simple and basic. Don't get me wrong, it is still packaged better than your regular drugstore lipgloss. But then, it is still lipgloss. 
This product is supposed to give high impact shine and colour.

MY THOUGHTS:
Not totally excited considering it is just lipgloss at the end of the day, but we’ll see how it goes.





    5. GUERLAIN KHOL ME KAJAL
Ladies and gentlemen, this is kajal. It is a product made popular by the women of the middle east. To achieve that captivating, dark, feline eye, you'll be needing a kajal. 
The packaging is pretty basic but nonetheless elegant. Unfortunately, I broke the tip of mine while trying to get it out of the cover. So, I’d say, be careful with yours.

MY THOUGHTS
 I am really excited to try this out. To be honest, I’m yet to see a kajal or eyeliner that gives me that intense look I crave. So I’m really hopeful, I’ll keep you posted.


6    6. GUERLAIN ROUGE AUTOMATIQUE
This is a lipstick with a sophisticated packaging busting my head. Apart from the glossy black pack, all you have is a single product with a nifty mechanism; a slider on the case of the lipstick that pushes the product in and out.

 MY THOUGHTS
This is arguably my favourite of all the products and it is partly  because of this mechanism. This lipstick, makes me think of Grace Kelly, I feel like making my hair, getting a pair of heels. It reminds me of espionage movies, it makes me feel like a bond girl waiting for James Bond. I feel the lipstick can detonate a waiting grenade or something…..*walking away with my hair blowing in the wind*...I'm fine thank you...just having a moment.


     
   7. GUERLAIN L’OR
This is a gel makeup base with flakes of 24-Karat Gold….yes people, real, pure unadulterated gold…I can’t even fathom what Guerlain was thinking when they concocted this gel. This is pure decadence. I honestly cannot wait to try this one out and report back with my findings! Gold on my face...hian!


  



 8.   LA PETITE ROBE NOIRE
From what I could gather at the Guerlain product launch, you have options to choose from in the La Petite Robe Noire collection. All the options epitomize your interpretation of what a little black dress should be. You have the choice of Eau de Toilette, Eau de Parfum, Eau d’Extrait, Eau de Couture. Once again, 'La petite robe noire' is French for 'the little black dress' in English.
I got the Eau de couture, and it is now at the head of my small stash of perfumes. This is a perfume of purpose if you know what I mean. Ladies, when on a mission, to get that job, that contract, or to scatter le boo’s dada, this is your major accomplice….thank me later!

So ladies, that’s my unwrapping story. I will do a post soon showing my actual experience with these products…I think it's also time to have a video...hmmmmm......just watch this space lovely people.



Till next post hunnies...


"A time for everything"



















No comments:

Post a Comment